Google images: Oyster Toad
- Distinguishing characteristics: Its skin color normally looks likes the environment it is living in. The maximum length is about 38 cm.
In the Wild
- Habitat: They can be found anywhere from Main to the Caribbean Sea. It lives in freshwater. They found at the very bottom of the body of water they are in.
- Diet: It is an omnivore. It eats amphipods, squid, crustaceans, mollusks, and other small fish.
- Predators: May be eaten by sharks.
- Size: They’re maximum length is about 38 cm.
- Breeding: They normally lay their eggs in the Chesapeake Bay.
- Life Span: They live for about a year.
In the Aquatics Lab
- Quantity: We currently have no oyster toadfish in the aquatics lab.
- Virginia Regulations: None
- Commercial Uses: No commercial use because people think they don’t taste good.